SAG-AFTRA will announce the winners of the 21st Annual Screen Actors Guild Awards for film and television next week on January 25th. The SAG Awards are often seen as a better indicator of who wins the Oscar due to the fact that many of the people who belong to SAG-AFTRA are also members of the Academy. Here are Film Mention’s predictions of who will win in the film categories after the jump.
Outstanding Performance by a Cast in a Motion Picture
- Predicted Winner – Birdman
- Potential Upsetter – The Grand Budapest Hotel
Outstanding Performance by a Male Actor in a Leading Role
- Predicted Winner – Michael Keaton (Birdman)
- Potential Upsetter – Eddie Redmayne (The Theory of Everything)
Outstanding Performance by a Female Actor in a Leading Role
- Predicted Winner – Julianne Moore (Still Alice)
- Potential Upsetter – No one, Moore has it in the bag!
Outstanding Performance by a Male Actor in a Supporting Role
- Predicted Winner – J.K. Simmons (Whiplash)
- Potential Upsetter – No one!
Outstanding Performance by a Female Actor in a Supporting Role
- Predicted Winner – Patricia Arquette (Boyhood)
- Potential Upsetter – Emma Stone (Birdman)
To see a full list on nominees, click HERE.
Let use know who you think is going to win the comments and tune into TBS or TNT on January 25th at 8 p.m. EST to see who wins!