On February 7th, the Directors Guild of America will announce the winners of the 67th Annual DGA Awards.
These awards honor directors for their work on films and television released in 2014. The winners of Outstanding Directorial Achievement in Feature Film often go on to win Best Director at the Oscars so they act as a really good predictor for the award show.
See my predictions after the jump.
Outstanding Directorial Achievement in Feature Film
- Predicted Winner – Alejandro González Iñárritu, Birdman
- Potential Upsetter – Richard Linklater, Boyhood
Outstanding Directorial Achievement in Dramatic Series
- Predicted Winner – Cary Joji Fukunaga, True Detective, “Who Goes There” (HBO)
- Potential Upsetter – Jodie Foster, House of Cards, “Chapter 22” (Netflix)
Outstanding Directorial Achievement in Comedy Series
- Predicted Winner – Jill Soloway, Transparent, “Best New Girl” (Amazon Prime)
- Potential Upsetter – Jodie Foster, Orange is the New Black, “Thirsty Bird” (Netflix)
Outstanding Directorial Achievement in Movies for Television and Mini-Series
- Predicted Winner – Ryan Murphy, The Normal Heart (HBO)
- Potential Upsetter – Lisa Cholodenki, Olive Kitteridge (HBO)
For a full list of nominees, click HERE